Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Slow week

Not much happened this week. The librarians meeting was yesterday. There is a plan, mostly set, for the summer session. It cannot be finalized until the budget is determined for next year. Everything else was basic discussions on what needs to be done in the library. Choosing databases, dropping databases, weeding of reference materials, etc. Work on the Libguides pages continues. I thought that I would finish them today. But, I decided to double check pages that were supposedly finished by previous interns and found that not all of them were completed. It was a good thing, as I also found out that the links for the databases on all of the subject guide pages were supposed to be copies of an original link and that they were not. So, now I get to go through all of the pages again and check that. I think that when I do that, I will also try and get a set layout for the pages and make them all the same. Right now, some of the pages have their own layout and it gets a little confusing.

The librarian I am working for went over the instructional video I made for Films on Demand. It is about how to use a Playlist. He liked it. Now I just have to type in the closed captions and get them to sync with the narration. Camtasia is really easy to use once you figure it out.

Nothing really happened on Question Point or the reference desk the last two days. Just the normal questions on finding a reserve book and finding materials on generic subjects using the databases.

A side project that I am going to do on my own is putting the Website into a spreadsheet. This is to help the librarians figure out where and how often pages are internally linked. The Word Doc was easier for me to write everything down, but it is hard to look through

No comments:

Post a Comment