Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Camtasia and Libguides

Started working with Camtasia to make video guides for certain tools, like databases or something else that just needs an explanation. It is really easy to work with. The hard part is trying to read from a script and control the mouse. It just does not work out that well. You could memorize the script or just wing it. Memorizing would be the best option, but a little more time consuming. I did figure out that I could record the process, not say anything, and then add in a narration track later. This method will work out well. I just have to make sure that the steps I go through are right and edit the video before actually recording the narration.

Still working on the Libguides. I am getting faster at it, so I am going through more guides in a day. I am not too sure if anyone was really checking the links before. I found one link for a professional association that was diverted to another site. Which happens all the time. However, the association in question disbanded in 2008 and the link was added 2010-2011. Just means that we should double check the links before using them. Also, check them regularly. At least once a year, maybe twice. I found one link that was good 6 months ago, that was no longer good.

No comments:

Post a Comment