Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Some questions

Today was mostly spent working on the Libguides or working reference. The Libguides is slow going. Double checking Websites takes time. The reference desk is getting better. Tonight was a slow night for physical patrons. The virtual reference desk was busier. I answered a call that looked like it was going to be fairly easy. Helping them find some research on a subject. Until they specified the subject. Scholarly websites on the history of line dancing.

I think I spent nearly an hour trying to help them. Hitting up any place I could think of that might have reason to document the history of dance in general. Then I remembered how great the King Library is, with its subject guides. They at least had a link for a directory (one that I have been encountering on my work on the Libguides and evaluation of the Website) that had a lot of links. That seemed to answer the student's question for help. But I still tagged as needing follow up by the school library, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment